ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Consumers
- Consumers themselves can protect themselves and their interests by practising the following:
- Prepare a shopping list and budget what to buy so as to avoid impulse buying.
- Do window-shopping in order to compare prices and quality of goods from different shops before buying.
- Read advertisements carefully so as to distinguish the truth from lies.
- Examine labels before buying goods.
- Check on guarantees before buying.
- Exercise caution in credit commitments.
- Read and understand credit agreements before signing them.
- Check if spare parts and after-sales services are available.
- Check and carefully inspect goods for quality, faults and expiry dates before buying.
- Know their rights and legislation.
- Get consumer education so as to buy wisely
- Check for the standards seal of approval.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.