ZIMSEC O Level Geography Notes: Natural Resources:Conservation of mineral resources
- Conservation of resources is the ethical use and protection of valuable resources, such as trees, minerals, wildlife, water and others.
- It focuses on maintaining the natural world in order to protect the sources of resources.
- Some of the ways used in conservation of mineral resources are listed below.
- Recycling and re-use for example recycling of tin and use of scrap metal in the manufacture of iron and steel.
- Also there is recycling of mine dumps such as those at Conemara.
- More efficient recovery methods that is use of modern technology in processing of ores to reduce wastage.
- Use of alternative resources.
- Research and exploration.
- Planned and strategic marketing of minerals for example exploitation and marketing when the price on the world market is favourable.
To access more topics go to the O Level Geography Notes page