ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Money and Banking: Commercial Banks
- Is a bank that offers services to the general public and to companies.
- For example Barclays, Standard Chartered, Stanbic and BancABC.
- They accept deposits in the form of current, savings and fixed deposits accounts.
- They receive or make payments through cheques, direct debit and credit transfers.
- They provide finance through loans and overdrafts.
- They provide foreign currency, travellers cheques or bank drafts.
- They offer credit and ATM cards.
- They provide ATMs.
- They safeguard valuables such as title deeds and certificates.
- They give out financial advice.
- They offer night safe facilities.
- They accept and discount Bills of exchange.
- They provide Bancassurance.
- They provide tele-banking facilities.
- They act as trustees and executors.
- They offer interest on account balances.
- They offer point-of-sale in supermarkets.
- They issue letter of credit.
- They act as underwriters.
To access more topics and learn more about banking services provided by Commercial Banks go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, chat with us using the chat feature at the bottom right of this screen