ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Advertising: Code of advertising practice
Code of advertising practice
- It establishes basic standards of advertising.
- It ensures that advertisements are:
- legal i.e. they follow the set advertising laws and metes sets out the punishments for transgressors.
- Ethical i.e. are they realistic and do they adhere to the norms of society e.g. racists advertisements are not allowed.
- Moral ie. Advertisements must be according to the values of society e.g. they cannot promote adulterous relationships.
- Not misleading i.e. they do not contain untrue statements e.g. “These herbs cure everything including cancer.”
- decent i.e. they do not show indecent or naked people.
- Truthful i.e. they do not make any untruthful assertions about the product or other competing products.
- It guards against disparaging advertising i.e. when advertisers make negative assertions against other products.
- It ensures there is fair competition among producers.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.