ZIMSEC O Level Combined Science Notes: Coating metals/Protecting metals from corrosion
- Steel has many uses for example construction and to make utensiles
- This is because it is cheap and strong
- It is however susceptible to rusting
- This is because it combines with the oxygen in the air
- This results in the formation of iron oxide which is soft and crumbles
- Like steel other metals also corrode when they are exposed to air
- To ensure the strength, cleanliness and usefulness of steel and these metals
- Several ways are used to stop, prevent and minimize rusting and corrosion
- These methods include:
- Electroplating using copper, tin, chrome or nickel
- and painting
To access more topics go to the Combined Science Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.