ZIMSEC O Level Combined Science: Chlorophyll and Photosynthesis
Aim: To test whether chlorophyll is necessary for photosynthesis.
Two plants with variegated leaves i.e. leaves that are partly green, permanent marker and equipment for the start test.
- Draw on one of the leaves tracing out the green parts and separating them from the non-green parts.
- Place the plant in the light for a few hours.
- Test the leaf for starch.
- Record the results.
- The parts without chlorophyll tests negative for photosynthesis.
- The parts chlorophyll tests positive for photosynthesis.
- Chlorophyll is required for photosynthesis.
To access more topics go to the Combined Science Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.