ZIMSEC O Level Geography Notes: Transport: Buses and Tram cars
- They are fast
- They are comfortable
- They are punctual
- They carry a lot of passengers at once.
- They are cheaper than other modern modes of transport.
- They have prescribed pick up and drop points (bus stops and stations)
- The reduce traffic congestion
- They use cheaper fuels (i.e Diesel which is mistily cheaper than petrol)
- Enjoy economies of scale.
- They are less versatile
- Cannot provide door to door services.
- They are relatively slow.
- Require expensive good quality roads.
- Can cause fatal accidents.
- Cause air pollution
- Thefts can occur at bus stations
- Cannot access some remote areas e.g. some parts of the Eastern Highlands were roads cannot be constructed.
- Touts who man these buses often cause havoc and chaos
To access more topics go to the Geography Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.