ZIMSEC O Level History Notes: Dictatorship in Europe: Dictatorship in Italy: Benito Mussolini: Mussolini’s Domestic Policy and Achievements
- Employment creation through the public works and other employment schemes in the army and in industries.
- Transport and communications were improved through the construction of roads and railway lines.
- Mussolini was able to restore order in Italy preventing things like the seizure of property and the destructive strikes.
- Hydro-power was developed.
- Pensions schemes, social security and compensation for workers were introduced.
- Schools were constructed and education was made compulsory.
- There was peace and unity between the Church and State following the Lateran Accords.
- Inflation declined.
- Promotion of health, for example malaria cases declined significantly.
- The battle of grain increased grain production cutting the wheat imports on which Italy had hitherto depended.
- Mussolini provided security to the industries, middle class and land owners by banning socialist and communist parties.
To access more topics go to the History Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.