ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Aids to Trade: Banking
- Enables making of payments.
- Enables receiving of payment through cheques, stop order or bill of exchange.
- Keeps money safe through current, savings, deposit and fixed accounts.
- Acts as trustees and executors.
- Acts as underwriters when they buy unsubscribed shares of public limited companies.
- Provides night safes.
- Provides finance through loans and overdrafts.
- Offers trade information.
- Provides financial advice to clients.
- Provides safe custody of valuables such as title deeds or certificates.
- Offers interest to savings and deposit accounts.
- Provides credit cards, ATMs.
- Accepts and discounts bills of Exchange.
- Provides bancassurance or bank-insurance.
- Provide tele-banking.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page