ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Advertising: Advertising agencies
- Many business organisations hire outside advertising agencies.
- Advertising agencies have specialised staff to help with all the neccessary advertising requirements that other businesses might have.
- A lot of business organisations cannot afford to have their own full time advertising agencies.
- Or they may lack experienced personnel to staff those departments.
- Such business can contract and hire out the advertising agencies.
Functions of advertising agencies.
- They carry out market research on consumer tastes and preferences.
- They create the advertisements for example they come up with the words, pictures, colours, music and advertising concept.
- They produce the advertisement using the formulated concept after the client approves the it.
- They book space and time for the advertisement in various media e.g. on TV or in a Newspaper.
- They place/flight the advertisement.
- They monitor the success of the advertisement.
- In the event of failure they analyse the failure of the advertisement and take any necessary corrective action.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.