ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Advantages and disadvantages of Public corporations/ Parastatals
- The government controls the provision of strategic products.
- Provides products at cheap prices.
- Provides employment to people.
- Reduces duplication of resources .
- Enjoy limited liability.
- Implement government policies i.e. in terms of setting the prices of products.
- Provide a source of income for the government thus reducing the tax burden.
- Enjoy economies of large scale operation.
- Operate at below full capacity , oftentimes at a loss.
- They are oftentimes inefficient and waste resources.
- Tend to provide poor quality products since they are monopolies e.g. ZESA and its frequent power cuts.
- There is political interference in their operation.
- They are expensive to maintain and run.
- There is a lot of bureaucracy which lead to further inefficiency.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.