As has already been said ZIMSEC has created an online portal that allows those who want to register for this year’s June and November examinations online despite the current ongoing lockdown. We now have more details on how this arrangement works.
While Cambridge has announced that they have cancelled June O Level as well as AS A Level exams, ZIMSEC is yet to do the same. In fact, the government is insistent that these exams will go ahead as scheduled. This is despite the fact that schools had to close earlier than scheduled due to the coronavirus scare […]
Cambridge has announced that they have cancelled IGSCE and AS A-Level June examinations for this year in response to the Covid-19 outbreak. The virus was discovered in Wuhan Province in China December last year and has gone on to become a global pandemic that has already killed thousands and made hundreds of thousands sick.
During the middle of the week, the President relented to rising public pressure and announced that schools would close on the 24 of March as Zimbabwe braced for the coronavirus that has wreaked havoc across the globe. The University of Zimbabwe has announced that it will also temporarily shut down on the 24th and more Universities are likely […]
Yesterday President Emmerson Mnangagwa declared coronavirus a national disaster. This allows the government to marshall resources and implement emergency measures that might impinge on people’s freedoms but prevent the spread of the coronavirus infection if it does eventually cross into Zimbabwe.
What I will say is what is formal – that’s what the government […]
Last week the government and ZIMSEC revealed two things concerning those registering in November and June of this year. First, the government will be chirping in and paying part of these fees in a bid to make them affordable. Next, the agreed registration fees were revealed-those learning at private institutions are paying the same fees the government had […]
ZIMSEC together with the government has finally announced the examination fees for those who will be writing examinations in June and November of this year. The fees are as follows:
- Grade Seven candidates registered at private institutions will pay a total of $264 for all their five subjects
- Those […]
The Zimbabwean government has promised to pay 53% of whatever registration fees ZIMSEC comes up with for the June and November 2020 registration fees. Parents and guardians will then be required to pay the remaining 47% of the fees including the fees they have already paid in the interim as we wait for ZIMSEC and the government to […]
The Deputy Minister of Primary and Secondary Education, Edgar Moyo, has said the Ministry is working in conjunction with the Zimbabwe School Examinations Council (ZIMSEC) to come up with new acceptable registration fees for both June and November.
This comes when the Minister of Education made a dramatic U-turn and nuked the fees […]
In a dramatic act of populism, last week the Minister of Primary and Secondary Education, Cain Mathema wrote to ZIMSEC instructing them to reverse their proposed registration fee hike that would have seen registration fees go from $15 ZWL to $190 ZWL. There was a lot of confusion among parents and potential candidates with regards to what they […]