The world’s pressure belts and winds ZIMSEC O Level Geography Notes: Pressure
- Air has weight and therefore exerts pressure, called atmospheric pressure onto the earth’s surface.
- The pressure is not the same for all regions nor is it the same for any one region all the time that […]
Rainy Weather. Image by Sodahead. ZIMSEC O Level Geography Notes: Introduction to Weather and Climate
Weather-the state of the atmosphere at a particular place and time as regards heat, cloudiness, dryness, sunshine, wind, rain, etc. The weather is all around us, all the time. It is an […]
Six’s thermometer ZIMSEC O Level Geography Notes: Temperature
- The daily maximum and minimum temperatures are measured using Six’s thermometer (pictured above).
- It was invented by James Six a British scientist hence the name Six’s thermometer.
- It is also known as the Maximum and Minimum thermometer.
- It is housed in a Stevenson’s screen.
- Diurnal […]