ZIMSEC O Level Geography Notes: Transport: Sea Transport
- Is relatively cheaper.
- Caries bulky goods at once
- They are very comfortable for example cruise ships and ocean liners are often fitted with luxury facilities such as bathrooms, toilets, casinos and entertainment facilities.
- Easy handling of goods for example RoRo ships.
- Slower than other forms of transport e.g air.
- Requires good ports
- Requires special handling equipment to load and unload.
- Can be susceptible to weather hazards such as cyclones.
- Accidents can cause damage to people, goods and the environment for example Oil leaks.
To access more topics go to the Geography Notes page.