ZIMSEC O Level Combined Science Notes: Reproduction in plants: Reproduction in Plants:Development after fertilization
- Once the ovules inside the ovary have been fertilized a lot of changes takes place
- The fertilized ovules develop into seeds inside the ovary
- The ovary ripens into a fruit which is adapted for dispersal
- That is the fruit is spread or carried into new areas either by wind or animals
- This is important as it ensures the plant survives and continues to thrive
- There are many different kinds of fruits for example mangoes, guavas etc
- Another change is that during the development of seeds inside the fruit the flower dries up and some parts of it fall off.
- The developing seeds swell up with food brought from the leaves in the vascular tissue
- The food is stored in the seed until it is needed for germination
- The fruit ripens in preparation for dispersal
To access more topics go to the Combined Science Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.