ZIMSEC O Level History Notes:Great Zimbabwe: Reasons for the Building of the Great Zimbabwe Walls
- It was built as a trading center.
- It was a Religious center.
- It was a dwelling place (for the royal family).
- It was a symbol of power.
- It was an administrative center.
- It was the mambo’s court.
- There were good pastures around the area and a lot of gold deposits as well as other environmental factors that favoured the establishment of a settlement in the area.
- It acted as a fortress in times of war.
To access more notes go to the History Notes page.