ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Insurance: Life Insurance
- Covers against events that will certainly occur e.g. death.
- The principle of indemnity does not apply.
- Benefits are paid to spouses and children who are the beneficiaries of the policy.
Whole life policy.
- One assures his/he life for a certain sum of money,
- Which matures at the time of death.
- The sum assured is paid to the beneficiaries.
- The assured does not enjoy the benefits.
- The assured pays premiums for his entire working life of until death.
- The insurance company calculates the premium based on age and the sum to be assured.
- Endowment policy
- Taken for a specific period of time e.g. 15 years.
- Premiums are paid up at the end of the period or upon death of assured before the policy matures.
- If the assured dies before maturity date the sum assured is paid to his/her beneficiaries.
- If the assured lives up to the end of the period up until the policy matures then the sum assured is paid to him/her.
- This is regarded as a form of investment.
- The policy may or may not yield profits for the assured.
Retirement annuity assurance
- Provides regular payments to the assured:
- from a fixed future date usually retirement time until one dies.
- Premiums are paid up to the retirement date.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.