ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Advertising: Advertising Media
- Advertisements can be placed in any of the following media including:
- Trade Journals
Factors to be considered when choosing the best advertising medium
- The size of the market i.e. the areas to be covered by the advertisement for example is it national or regional or local.
- The cost of advertising. TV and Radio advertisements are particularly expensive albeit more effective.
- The expected profit revenue i.e. the profit obtainable from the sale of the good/service must be able to cover the advertising costs and leave an acceptable level of profit.
- The effectiveness of the medium i.e TV has greater impact because there is sound and vision.
- The target group i.e whether the advertisement is meant to reach men, women or children.
- The nature of goods e.g. goods such as tissues are cheaper compared to high end jewellery. The latter can be advertised in expensive media.
- The urgency of the message if speed is required online and radio advertisements should be used.
- The accessibility of the market i.e whether the market has access to the media chosen.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.