ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Advertising: Advertising Media
- Advertisements can be placed in any of the following media including:
- Trade Journals
Factors to be considered when choosing the best advertising medium
- The size of the market i.e. the areas to be covered by the advertisement for example is it national or regional or local.
- The cost of advertising. TV and Radio advertisements are particularly expensive albeit more effective.
- The expected profit revenue i.e. the profit obtainable from the sale of the good/service must be able to cover the advertising costs and leave an acceptable level of profit.
- The effectiveness of the medium i.e TV has greater impact because there is sound and vision.
- The target group i.e whether the advertisement is meant to reach men, women or children.
- The nature of goods e.g. goods such as tissues are cheaper compared to high end jewellery. The latter can be advertised in expensive media.
- The urgency of the message if speed is required online and radio advertisements should be used.
- The accessibility of the market i.e whether the market has access to the media chosen.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.